Becoming More Competitive in a Competitive Job Market
Dr. Deborah Sheldon, Music Education chair at Temple University Boyer College of Music and Dance, stresses that to be successful in finding a job in music education, candidates must:
• Show respect for students, parents, colleagues, administration, and the community.
• Learn all about and become an active member of the community in which you want to work.
• Be willing to take chances.
• Be open to guidance.
• Seek advice from seasoned colleagues.
• Know where to go to find the information you need.
Music Schools Mentioned
in This Article
Arizona State University School of Music
Boston University School of Music
Aaron Copland School of Music
Photo Courtesy of