Becoming More Competitive in a Competitive Job Market
Dr. Deborah Sheldon, Music Education chair at Temple University Boyer College of Music and Dance, stresses that to be successful in finding a job in music education, candidates must:
• Show respect for students, parents, colleagues, administration, and the community.
• Learn all about and become an active member of the community in which you want to work.
• Be willing to take chances.
• Be open to guidance.
• Seek advice from seasoned colleagues.
• Know where to go to find the information you need.
Music Schools Mentioned
in This Article
Arizona State University School of Music
Boston University School of Music
Photo Courtesy of