View content by title
- 3 Keys to Visiting Music Schools
- 3 Myths about Careers in Music
- 3 Things to Consider Before Starting Music School Applications
- 3 Tips for Parents of Music Students Who Weren’t Accepted
- 5 Social Media Tips For Modern Musicians
- 5 Suggestions for Today’s Aspiring Symphony Players
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Music Strong Over the Summer!
- 5 Ways to Survive Music School Auditions
- 6 Considerations for Deciding on Grad School
- 6 Tips for Parents of Auditioning Students
- 6 Tips to Let Music Schools Know You’re Interested
- 6 Tips to Protect Your Voice for Musical Theatre
- 6 Tools for Managing Audition Anxiety
- A Boarding Arts High School for Music?
- A Career for Pianists in Collaborative Piano
- A Career in Choral Conducting
- A Career in Instrumental Conducting: 7 Key Issues
- A Career in Vocal Jazz
- ABC’s of Voice Degrees
- Academics for Prospective Music Majors
- Answers to Questions about Your Music Student
- Anxious Parents of Prospective Music Majors – What You Should Know
- Applying and Auditioning to Music School:
Making Sense of It All
- As a Music Major, What Can I Actually Major In?
- Aspiring Opera Singers: Operapreneurship
- Becoming a College Voice Major: The ABCs and DO-RE-MIs
- Becoming a Music Therapist
- Benefits of Joining a National Music Association
- Benefits of Playing in a Youth Orchestra
- Building a Music Career… One Cookie at a Time
- Buyer Beware: Music Scholarship Scams
- Career Development: How Much Support Will You Get?
- Career Paths in Arts Management
- Career Paths in Sacred Music
- Career Support from Music Schools?
- Career Tips for Jazz Majors
- Carving a Niche as a Singer/Songwriter
- Celebrate World Voice Day with Silence
- Celebrating Vocal Music for World Voice Day
- Classical Teens Reach 700,000 Listeners
- College A Cappella? Yes!
- College for Music Majors: Two Essentials You Want!
- College Scholarships for Music School – Thinking Outside the Box
- Community College for Music
- Community College for Music Students…
Guidelines for Making It Work
- Connect with Your Audience!
- Crafting Your Personal Brand as a Musician
- Crowdfunding Your Way to Summer Music Programs
- Curious about Studying Music Abroad?
- Dance Training for Musical Theatre Students
- Deciding on the Right Music School
- Discomfort and the Serious Music Student
- Does a Music Therapy Degree Make Sense for You?
- Does Your Student Want to Major in Popular Music?
- Dream Comes True for a Voice Major
- Dual Degrees, Double Majors, and Music Minors
- El Sistema: Transforming Lives through Music Education
- Entrepreneurship + Music: What, Why and How
- Entrepreneurship Training for Music Majors
- Essential Tips for a Career in Popular Music!
- Face Planting into Music Entrepreneurship
- Final College Decision – 5 Pointers for Parents
- Finding the Right Music Teacher
- Finding Your First Music Teaching Job
- Five Tips to Keep Your Voice Healthy
- From College A Cappella to Hollywood
- Fundraise… Your Way to Music School
- Gandhi-Inspired Fundamentals for Music Success
- Gap Year for a Music Major?
- Getting the Most out of Music Conferences
- Good News about Going to College for a Music Degree
- Guidelines for Navigating the Professional Music World
- Heading to Music School? Career Goals Up in the Air?
- Helping Prospective Music Majors Decide Where to Apply
- Holiday Tips for Parents of Future Music Majors
- Honors Programs for Music Majors
- How to Choose a Music School
- How to Choose a Music Therapy Program
- How to Choose a Summer Music Program
- How to Prepare for Music Competitions
- How Yoga Benefits Musicians
- If You Want to Major in Jazz…
- Important Tips for a Successful Audition
- Is an Arts High School a Good Fit for You?
- Is Musical Theatre Your Calling?
- Majoring in Composition & Where It May Lead
- Majoring in Music and Sleep: A Paradox?
- Majoring in Music at a Liberal Arts College
- Majoring in Music: Convincing Your Parents
- Majoring in Music: The Big Picture
- Making it Through College Music Theory
- Making Summer Music Camps and Programs Affordable
- Maria Schneider: Becoming a Musician
- Maria Schneider: how to Start a Band
- Maria Schneider: Life as a Composer
- Maria Schneider: The Ebb and Flow of Creativity
- Mary Poppins’ Wisdom for Graduates
- Meeting the Challenges of Music Theory
- Michael D. Frederick – Performing with Less Stress
- Military Band Career? 7 Reasons to Consider
- Minimizing Vocal Fatigue
- Moving Your Music Toward a Record Label Deal
- Music & Arts Management Leadership Skills
- Music & Entrepreneurship
- Music & Writing: Life as a Dual Artist
- Music as an Employable Major
- Music Cognition as a Career Path
- Music Conservatories & Careers for 21st-Century Musicians
- Music Degrees – Reviewing the Options
- Music Ed Meets Social Work
- Music Education: A Balancing Act
- Music Entrepreneur Supports Her Peers
- Music Graduates: Remember Your Mentors
- Music Industry Internships: Best Tips
- Music Industry Internships: How to Get an Offer
- Music Industry Tips for Aspiring Musicians
- Music Leadership Roles for Girls: 7 Tips for Success
- Music Major or Not, the Music is Always There
- Music Major’s Job Offer – What Would You Do?
- Music Majors, Scholarships, and Early October Deadlines
- Music Master Classes: Benefits for Performers and Audiences
- Music or Medicine? Great Tips for Doing Both
- Music Scholarships: Read the Fine Print!
- Music School Auditions: It’s a Matter of Balance
- Music School Auditions: The Unforeseens
- Music School Auditions: This Too Shall Pass
- Music School for Homeschooled Students
- Music School Offers: Timing Your Acceptance
- Music School without a Back-Up Plan?
- Music School: Is it Necessary for a Performance Career?
- Music Students and Common App Problems!
- Music Students Pick Up the Slack
- Music Tackles Bullying
- Music Theory for Music Majors
- Music Theory: Beyond Boredom
- Music Therapy Equivalency Program
- Music Therapy for Children with Autism:
A Rewarding Career Path
- Music Therapy: Making a Difference One Note at a Time
- Musicology: A World of Possibilities
- Need Help with a Jazz Project?
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
- Not Accepted to Music School – Now What?
- Noticing Changes in Your Vocal Range?
- Paid vs. Unpaid Internships
- Paying for Music School: Ideas for Cutting Costs
- Performance Majors: Reimagining Classical Music
- Planning on Majoring in Guitar?
- Planning to Major in Jazz? 8 Top Considerations
- Planning to Visit Music Schools?
- Play Music on a Cruise Ship: Is This Your Dream?
- Playing Music on Cruise Ships: Know Before You Go
- Playing Your Best: College Music Auditions
- Popular Music: Essential to Music Education Training
- Portfolio Careers in Music
- Practicing the Art of Practicing
- Prepare to be a College Music Major
- Preparing Your Guitar Audition
- Preventing and Resolving Piano Injury
- Preventing Injury for Instrumental Musicians
- Preventing Performance Injury and Tension
- Professional Leave for Music Majors – How Will Your School Respond?
- Ranking Music Schools
- Ready for Music Theory in College?
- Reducing Music Performance Anxiety
- Response to a Worried Parent of a Music Major
- Revitalizing You and Your Music
- Scholarships for Music Majors
- Scoring for Film and TV or Video Games – 5 Ground Rules
- Should I Study Music in College?
- Should I Take AP Music Theory?
- Should Music Majors Be Concerned?
- Sight-Reading: A Necessary Skill for Music Majors
- Stand Up for Music in the Schools Now!
- Starting a Business as a Music Major
- Stellar Tips for Music Internships
- Student Loans & Debt Forgiveness: 4 Things to Know
- Student Musicians: Getting Beyond “Stuck”
- Student-Run Record Labels at Colleges Provide Real-World Experience
- Study Abroad as a Music Major
- Studying Music in THIS Economy? Heck, Yeah!
- Studying Musical Theatre with a Music Emphasis
- Success in Music – 6 Things People Will Remember about You
- Summer Music Camps & Programs
- Summer Music: Do It Now!
- Teaching Music Abroad: Adventure, Culture and More
- Teaching Music in Inner-City Schools
- Teen Musicians Performing on NPR Radio
- The Audition – Takeaways for Student Musicians
- The Curious Case of Tweeting at a Classical Concert
- The Secret Behind Improvisation
- The Self-Made Musician: Fact or Fiction?
- Therapeutic Music: Is This Your Calling?
- Thinking about Majoring in Music?
- Thinking About Studying Music Abroad?
- Thinking of Majoring in Popular Music?
- Time for Three Trio
- Tips for a Successful Music Audition
- Tips for Music Teacher Job Interviews
- Tips for Pre-Screens and Recorded Auditions
- Tips for Success as a Freelance Musician
- Tips for Visiting Music Schools
- TLC for the Uh-Oh Phone Call
- Touring with a Pit Orchestra
- Tracking Music School Applications & Auditions
- Tracking Your Music School Applications and Auditions
- Transcribing for Musicianship and Career Opportunities
- Transfer to a Different Music School?
- Transferable Music Skills — You Can Take Them with You
- Tuition for a Music Major: What’s Included, What’s Not
- Want to Become a Marching Band Director?
- Want to Major in Bluegrass?
- Want to Major in Music but off to a Late Start?
- What Can You Do with a Music Degree?
- What Do You Do Before You Perform?
- What If You’re Not a Musical Prodigy?
- What to Give a Music Grad
- What Type of Music School Is Right?
- What! More Practicing? Key Questions
- What’s College Actually For?
- Which Is the Best Music School for Me?
- Which Music School Fits You?
- Which Music School to Accept?
- Who’s to Blame at a Concert?
- Who’s Job is it to Teach Instrument Hygiene?
- Why Wait?
- Why You Need a Musical Mentor
- Wonderful Opportunity for College Music Majors
- World Music Classes: Why They’re Worth Taking
- World Voice Day: Dealing with Throat Tightness
- World Voice Day: Vocal Warm Ups for Better Sound
- Would She Hire YOU?
- “Whiplash” Takeaways for Music Majors