The pandemic has required colleges, universities and conservatories to make changes in the way they provide information and opportunities for prospective students.
If you want to learn more about a particular school:
1. Check each school’s website. You can start with the Participating Schools list. Some schools have information right on their pages. Others will require you to go to their homepages to find their COVID-19 work arounds.
2. Take virtual tours and visits: Many schools are offering virtual tours, Zoom meetings, emails, phone calls, and other online opportunities for you to meet with admissions staff, counselors, faculty and students. Check with each school to see what’s possible now.
3. Attend virtual college fairs – but read this first! How to Make Virtual College Fairs Work for You
4. Ask for trial lessons with instructors: Check with schools to see whether teachers are offering these online for juniors and seniors. Read this article for suggestions: Trial Lessons for Prospective Music Majors.
5. Contact the admissions office at any school you need information from AFTER you’ve checked their website.
6. Consider an online consultation with MajoringInMusic.com for any of your concerns or interests about pursuing music as a major, minor, double major, and more. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
And please – protect yourself, your family, friends and teachers by practicing recommended precautions.