AMADEUS International School Vienna is a unique day and boarding school with an integrated Music and Arts Academy.
Besides our academic International Baccalaureate Programmes, we are a candidate school* for offering the IB Career-related Programme (IB CP) for students who wish to pursue a musical career whilst receiving an academic education – the perfect pathway for students who wish to become professional musicians or aim to study music at a university level. All classes are taught in English.
A unique music opportunity in Europe:
At the two-years IB CP, students follow undergraduate music studies alongside a minimum of two academic Diploma Programme Subjects. This will provide the student with a Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Diploma in Music as well as IB Certificates for their academic subjects.
Not only is AMADEUS Vienna the first All-Steinway School in Austria, we are also the first school to offer this specific IB CP pathway in Europe.
An IB CP education from AMADEUS can kickstart your musical career and give you the opportunity for further study at music colleges and universities around the world such as:
• The Royal Academy of Music, London
• University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna
• Mozarteum University, Salzburg
• Music and Arts University of the City of Vienna
• Anton Bruckner Private University, Linz
• Jam Music Lab Private University, Vienna
• The Juilliard School, New York
• Berklee College of Music, Boston
• Berlin Music College
A once in a lifetime boarding experience:
Students from Grades 6-12 have the opportunity to stay in our new and fully renovated boarding house. The rooms are shared by two students and have a private sleeping area and an ensuite bathroom. Outside school hours, students can book their own private music practice rooms, enjoy the social boarding activities, explore the beautiful green surroundings, or hop on the tram to visit Vienna City Centre.
* only schools authorised by the IB Organisation can offer any of its four academic programmes. Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorisation will be granted.