The Blair School of Music – Who we are:
Experience world-class music training alongside a top-20 academic education at one of the few exclusively undergraduate music schools in the country.
• 4-to-1 student to faculty ratio
• Areas of study include Classical, Performance, Jazz Studies, Music Education, Musical Arts (which incorporates an academic concentration), and Integrated Studies (which combines a second musical concentration)
• Vanderbilt will meet 100% of a family’s demonstrated financial need. 87.5% of Blair Students received scholarship* assistance (*includes need and merit based scholarships 2022-23)
• Enrollment limited to approximately 225
• Approximately 350 performances and 50 masterclasses per academic year
• Student ensembles include Vanderbilt Orchestra, Wind Symphony, Chorale, University Singers, Jazz Choir, Vanderbilt Opera Theatre, Percussion Ensemble, Contemporary Ensemble, Blair Big Band, Jazz Combos and Chamber Music Ensembles
• Opportunity to pursue a secondary major or minor in an academic field at Vanderbilt
• Located in Nashville, where the primary industry is music
Blair School of Music students are bright and versatile, with wide-ranging interests and ideas:
We believe Blair students’ artistry is enriched by the intersection between the arts and other academic disciplines; students will graduate with Vanderbilt’s strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences supporting Blair’s intense training in music.
• Blair students study abroad at music programs in Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Sydney, and more.
• Undergraduate students are encouraged to take part in Vanderbilt University’s wide variety of research opportunities.
• Some students combine music with a second major or minor in Vanderbilt’s College of Arts and Sciences, or Vanderbilt’s Peabody College of Education and Human Development; (the only second major available to Blair students in the School of Engineering is Computer Science.)
• Blair students may also pursue one of Vanderbilt’s Pre-Professional programs alongside their music major.
• Any Vanderbilt student who is interested in continuing their music studies can audition for any of the Blair ensembles at the beginning of fall semester. Learn more about non-major options.
Blair students are Vanderbilt students:
Consistently ranked among the happiest students by Princeton Review, your student life experience here is just as important to us as your musical one. Vanderbilt is a collaborative and inspiring community that motivates and challenges students to be the very best they can be.
Blair School of Music graduates can be found throughout the fields of performance, research, teaching and composition:
Blair students have been accepted for graduate study at major schools and conservatories of music in the United States and across the world. Blair alumni also have pursued graduate work in disciplines as varied as entertainment law, music business, music therapy and cognition, medicine, and arts management.
Whatever your musical or academic focus….
No matter why you choose the Blair School of Music, you will learn to think critically, listen perceptively, and write skillfully in a place long known to the world as Music City.
Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt University - Please send me information
Please send me more information about scholarships, applications, and auditions for music students at Blair School of Music at Vanderbilt University. * Required fields