MORE. This simple word describes the opportunities you’ll have at the Butler University School of Music.
Our flexible curriculum allows you to pursue a double major, study abroad, collaborate with internationally-acclaimed artists, participate in multiple ensembles, complete an internship or major research project, teach in the Butler Community Arts School, and so much more—all with the encouragement of Butler’s world-renowned faculty.
- Multiple, flexible degree options in Instrumental or Vocal Performance, Jazz Studies, Music Education, and Composition, including over 40 double majors outside of music!
- Professional collaborations with internationally acclaimed artists through our JCA Signature Series, an artist and scholar residency program, and Butler affiliates like the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra and Indianapolis Chamber Choir.
- Big city perks with a small-town feel. Our campus is located in a beautiful residential area just five miles north of downtown Indianapolis, a musically and artistically vibrant city.
- Performance opportunities starting your first semester in state-of-the-art, on-campus venues in the Butler Arts and Events Center complex that hosts 250+ artistic performances every year.
- And MORE!
- 99% of graduates were employed or attending graduate school within one year of graduation
- 25% of music majors pursue a second major or minor in another academic area
- 100+ Butler Music majors teach almost 2,000 young people annually at the Butler Community Arts School
- 300+ performances held annually at Butler Arts Center
- Our Bachelor of Arts in Music degree is one of Butler’s 3-year degree options
Virtual and in-person visit options are available. Please email email@example.com or call 317-940-9567 to connect with us!