Are you interested in an exciting career in the music and entertainment industry?
Community College of Aurora’s Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship Program (MEE) is designed by music industry professionals to answer the number one question asked by students interested in a career in music:
“Where do I start and how do I build a sustainable career in the music and entertainment
The Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship program offers two associate degrees and two certificates to help you get started in the music and entertainment industry.
This program will pepare you to start a music business or to work in a variety of entry-level music and entertainment industry careers. Best of all, CCA’s MEE program is an inclusive non-audition track open to all students interested. Students learn about:
• Music entrepreneurship
• Music business
• Music producing
• Music performance
• Music publishing
• Music marketing in the digital age
• Music copyright
• Music production
• Starting a music production company and more!
CCA students learn from industry professionals through instruction, hands-on experience, collaboration, and professional networking. In addition, CCA is an Avid Learning Partner offering the Avid Pro Tools User Industry Certification.
Students choose from two AAS degree or Certificate emphasis areas:
• Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship – Music Producer Emphasis
• Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship – Music Performance Emphasis
As a student in this two-year program, you will:
• Receive step-by-step guidance from industry professionals through hands-on instruction, collaboration, and professional networking.
• Have access to the latest music production technology, entrepreneurial music business trends and strategies, and Avid Pro Tools industry certification.
• Participate in live performances, studio sessions, on- and off-campus events, and other music and industry projects.