A Competitive Edge for a Creative Field
At the Mary Pappert School of Music, you are challenged to connect historical practices with modern methods, blend the traditional with current technology, and explore your artistry, creativity, and ingenuity to the fullest extent.
Majors offered: Music Education, Performance, Music Technology, Music Therapy, Composition, Jazz, Music Ministry
- GRAMMY Award-winning faculty
- 4:1 Student-to-teacher ratio
- Dual Degree, Progressive and Accelerated Pathways options
- Internships, student teaching, job placement and career development support
- All-Steinway Music School, NASM Accredited
- Park-like campus in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh, PA
- Transfer students who are Pennsylvania residents can receive double the financial aid offered through the PA State Grant Program.
- Master’s degree in Music Therapy now available online.
- BA in Music now available in 3 years. Add a 2-year MBA program!
- The Institute of Entertainment, Music, and Media Arts (IEMMA) provides resources for all students to learn aspects of the commercial music industry.
Our School Promise:
At the Mary Pappert School of Music, we are building a better future. We invest in each individual student. We value and support the creation of art, exploration of artistic ideas, the preservation of our rich musical past, and the artistic innovation that propels us forward. We pursue music with passion and we challenge our students to explore new ideas, musically, artistically, and intellectually. We demonstrate respect for each other and we demonstrate excellence, integrity, and responsibility in our work as artists, creators, scholars, healers and teachers.