The Sunderman Conservatory of Music at Gettysburg College offers a Bachelor of Music in Performance, a Bachelor of Music Education, a Bachelor of Arts in Music with the option for a Double Major, and a Minor in Music.
What makes Sunderman unique?
- Professional Conservatory experience within a top liberal arts setting
- Exclusive undergraduate focus
- Numerous opportunities to perform early in your career at Sunderman
- Recent visiting musicians include Erol Josue, Brentano Quartet, Decoda, Imani Winds, eighth blackbird, and Chris Brubeck, to name a few
- Travel with your faculty and perform with your peers in Bali, Prague, Italy, the Baltics, and other locations around the globe
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- 98% placement rate in jobs and graduate schools for recent music graduates
- Close proximity to major performing arts venues in Baltimore (60 mins), Washington, D.C. (80 mins), Philadelphia (2.5 hrs), and New York City (4 hrs)
“I chose Sunderman for the opportunity to double major and for the supportive community. Sunderman offers numerous opportunities to perform and connect with professors because of the undergraduate-only environment. I have grown and developed skills personally and professionally with the help of professors and the supportive community at Sunderman. The opportunity to work so closely with my professors has helped me discover new passions and career paths.”
– Elizabeth Bishop – B.A. in Music, B.S. in Biology
“Our conservatory offers a unique opportunity for creativity and excellence in music within a thriving, broad intellectual environment. For me, to contribute to the world as a musician, one must develop themselves and be well-rounded in all areas of thought. We encourage and empower students to develop as scholars and musicians, allowing them to find their path to contribute to the world. We also offer extensive one-on-one instruction and support that most conservatories cannot provide–my composition students routinely have their works performed by guest ensembles, faculty groups, and peers.”
– Dr. Avner Dorman – Associate Professor of Music Theory and Composition
Gettysburg College Sunderman Conservatory - Please Send Information
Please send me more information about scholarships, applications, and auditions for music students at Gettysburg College Sunderman Conservatory.