The Sunderman Conservatory of Music at Gettysburg College offers a Bachelor of Music in Performance, a Bachelor of Music Education, a Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Music with the option for a Double Major, and a Minor in Music.
What makes Sunderman unique?
- Professional Conservatory experience within a top liberal arts setting
- Exclusive undergraduate focus
- Numerous opportunities to perform early in your career at Sunderman
- Recent visiting musicians include Brentano Quartet, Decoda, Imani Winds, eighth blackbird, and Chris Brubeck, to name a few
- Travel with your faculty and perform with your peers in Bali, Prague, Italy, and other locations around the globe
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Close proximity to major performing arts venues in Baltimore (60 mins), Washington, D.C. (80 mins), Philadelphia (2.5 hrs), and New York City (4 hrs)
Only a handful of colleges offer the special combination of a professional conservatory experience with a top liberal arts education, and Gettysburg College is one of the few.
The Sunderman Conservatory of Music at Gettysburg College unites professional study with the intellectual and academic breadth of the liberal arts. It’s a place of synergy and energy, calculus and concertos, science and symphonies, history and harmonies, Gamelan and German.
What makes the musical experience at Sunderman so distinctive is its exceptional faculty of artists and scholars. Conservatory faculty includes skilled performers, composers, and conductors who are experts in their field. In addition the highly personalized instruction, Sunderman students also enjoy close mentoring and advising, study abroad, and diverse performance and touring opportunities.
With a campus culture rich in performance and embedded in an environment of creative inquiry, Sunderman is an outstanding option for undergraduate musicians.