Indiana University Jacobs School of Music is one of the most comprehensive and acclaimed institutions for the study of music.
The scope of music-making at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music is unique. With more than 1,100 performances each year—including five operas, one musical, and three ballets—the school has impacted our region’s cultural life for generations and continues to prepare young musicians and dancers to bring their expressive performances to every corner of the world.
Coming from all over the U.S. and the globe, our students enjoy practicing and rehearsing throughout our eight buildings. They thrill audiences on the state-of-the-art Musical Arts Center stage or in one of our four concert halls.
World-class Conservatory + The Promise of the Dream
Many think of the Jacobs School of Music as a world-class conservatory within a university setting—a description that certainly captures the endless resources and opportunities available to our students. Students choose from countless opportunities to pursue dual degrees, double majors, or minors at Indiana University.
- More than 75% of Jacobs students receive scholarships.
- Experience 351,000 square feet of studios, practice rooms, rehearsal spaces, and more.
- Join our alumni network of more than 16,000 talented professionals.
- Grow with our 175 world-class full-time faculty.
- Utilize 5 on-campus, specialized music research hubs — Latin American Music Center, Historical Performance Institute, Thomas Binkley Early Music Archive, Center for Electronic and Computer Music, and Center for History of Music Theory and Literature.
- Choose from 39 ensembles, including choral, band, jazz, orchestra, and more.
- Now offering Master in Music Scoring for Visual Media.
Indiana University Jacobs School of Music - Please Send Information
Please send me more information about scholarships, applications, and auditions for music students at Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.