The Best of Both Worlds:
A World-Class Center for Music within a Comprehensive College
Exceptional professional training combined with a comprehensive education is a hallmark of the Ithaca experience. With more than 70 majors and 70 minors available at Ithaca College—and over 2,000 courses to choose from—students are exposed to a wide variety of fields of study across five professional schools. As a result, Ithaca’s graduates are not only great performers, music educators, composers, and recording technicians, but they are also versatile, adaptable, informed, and can solve complex problems—qualities that are needed to be successful in any field.
The Undergraduate Advantage
With 400 undergraduate students and over 60 full-time faculty in music, our students get unparalleled access to a dedicated and accomplished group of scholars, performers, and educators. They experience performance and leadership opportunities in an environment that is as rigorous and challenging as it is nurturing and supportive. Faculty members devote themselves every day to teaching and mentoring our students while maintaining national and international visibility in their fields.
Our Center for Music faculty are eager to hear from you. Contact them with specific questions you can’t find answers to on our website. Reach out via email, even before your senior year!
Endless Performance Opportunities Include
• 24 ensembles including orchestra, bands, jazz ensembles, and numerous vocal ensembles and chamber groups.
• Performances in venues including Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, and the Kennedy Center.
• 300+ hosted concerts annually on campus.
Facilities Second to None
The Center for Music features three concert halls, four recording studios, two large rehearsal halls, smart classrooms, an Apple computer classroom, labs for jazz and electronic music, and 93 practice rooms. There is also a world-class music education suite, music education library, and resource center. New equipment and capabilities continue to be added each year.
Where You’ll Find Ithaca Alumni Working
• In renowned symphonies, opera companies, and on Broadway;
• As faculty members and deans in prestigious universities and colleges;
• As teachers in school systems throughout the country;
• As music therapists, composers, publicists, audio engineers, and managers;
• As medical doctors, attorneys, and business professionals who incorporate the many benefits of musical practice into their work and lives.
Ithaca College - Please send me information.
Please send me more information about scholarships, applications, and auditions for music students at Ithaca College.