Minnesota State University Moorhead offers two stellar programs to address your interests, talents, and passions.
The School of Performing Arts at Minnesota State University Moorhead features a full spectrum of traditional and contemporary performance opportunities as part of innovative degree programs in the performing arts.
In Music, students can pursue:
• Bachelor of Arts
• Bachelor of Arts – Performance Emphasis
• Bachelor of Science, Commercial Music
• Bachelor of Science, Music Education – Instrumental or Choral Emphasis
(Dual certification in Music Education is possible)
In Theatre Arts, students can pursue:
• Bachelor of Arts in Acting, Musical Theatre, and Theatre Design and Technology
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting
• Theatre Arts programming includes annual musical theatre, children’s theatre, and straight play offerings, as well as professional work available through our summer production company, The Straw Hat Players.
Whatever your desired focus, we have the faculty, courses, and performance opportunities needed to help create your future in the performing arts. Come be a Dragon! #dragonpride
The School of Entertainment Industries and Technology at Minnesota State University Moorhead focuses on creating a diverse, rigorous, and realistic experience for students to pursue a career in the Entertainment Industry. With a 30-year history of success as a music industry program, MSUM’s new EIT program is one-of-a-kind in our region. Our students are cutting-edge critical thinkers that who will define the future of this industry.
- Students specialize in a career, but study entertainment as a whole to maximize employment options
- All classes are taught by faculty and staff that continue to work in the entertainment industry
- We prepare students for hundreds of careers in entertainment, be it back office or center stage
- SoEIT Productions, our student record label and production company, helps develop professional, transferable skills
- Audio and Business focuses in:
- Theatrical Production
- Industrial Theater
- Worship Sound
- Artist and Venue Management