The Wanda L. Bass School of Music prides itself on fostering a creative environment that encourages exploration and collaboration.
Faculty members at Oklahoma City University are active musicians and scholars whose first priority is teaching and mentoring.
Among our many unique features:
• BM degrees in Performance, Music Theater, Music Education, Composition.
• BA degrees in Music, Music and Pre-Law, Music and Pre-Med
• Certificate in Non-Profit Arts Administration
• More than 250 events staged throughout the academic year: solo recitals, full-scale choral and orchestral works, opera and musical theatre productions.
• Rolling admissions and no prescreens required
• 100% of music majors receive at least one scholarship
• 100% of all classes are taught by faculty
Few schools have produced so many graduates who excel across the musical spectrum, as performers, educators, and composers. Fewer still have had alumni recognized with Grammy, Emmy, and Tony Awards. Oklahoma City University is the only all-Steinway school and Apple Digital Campus in that elite group that has been honored by ASCAP with its prestigious national orchestral award for adventurous programming of contemporary music.
The School of Music provides a professional education within the liberal arts curriculum and develops musicians equipped to make significant artistic contributions to society. Critical thinking, open inquiry, and artistic expression are fostered through the study of traditional intellectual disciplines and applied skills. Our degree programs stress virtuosic versatility – integrating performance skills, music scholarship, pedagogy, and professionalism – to prepare students for music careers in the 21st century.