The University of Delaware School of Music‘s faculty present and perform on stages throughout the world, bringing national and international prominence to the University of Delaware, and our student success reflects a firm dedication to curricular innovation, musicianship and high artistic standards.
- Our caring faculty are world-class professional musicians, teaching artists, and scholars, and become lifelong professional mentors, embracing intellectual, artistic, ethnic, and cultural diversity for all students.
- Our beautiful and centrally located East Coast campus keeps you close to the most important and influential music centers in the US.
- UD established the US’s first study abroad program – nearly a century later, 30% of students study abroad in addition to performance on concert tours, festivals, and presenting conferences throughout the world.
- Engaging new technologies and a wide array of musical experiences to promote an entrepreneurial spirit in a changing musical landscape have led us to a 99% post-graduation music education job placement.
- Music students are innovative leaders within a wide variety of student organizations, independent research projects, and fostering a supportive community and inspiring environment in which to study and perform.
“Studying at UD significantly enhanced how I approach my craft as a military bandsman, especially in my current position as an instructor at the Naval School of Music. I credit the university’s outstanding staff and faculty and ample opportunities for performance in shaping my understanding of how music ties into our culture at large, the different ways it impacts our lives, and how to communicate the musical language. Without a doubt, what I learned on and off stage at UD has set me up for success in my career as a professional musician. It has given me absolute joy performing and teaching even in the most trying of circumstances.”
Student, Bachelor of Music 2011. Musician, US Marine Corps