The Lamont School of Music at the University of Denver is a premier music school within an internationally-known university located in a vibrant arts city.
- Bachelor of Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Music in Jazz Studies
- Bachelor of Music in Composition
- Bachelor of Music in Recording and Production
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Minor in Music
- Minor in Ethnomusicology
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in Suzuki Pedagogy
- Master of Arts in Music Theory
- Master of Arts in Musicology
Artist Diplomas and Certificates:
- Artist Diploma in Performance; Conducting
- Certificate in Performance; Conducting; Jazz Studies; Music Entrepreneurship; Music Theory Pedagogy; Orchestral Studies; Piano Pedagogy; Suzuki Pedagogy. Online Certificate in Performance and Composition; Performance and Orchestra Audition Preparation; Performance and Recording & Production.
Lamont is committed to providing excellent, innovative musical training and the skills and experiences necessary for leading a purposeful life as a musician in the 21st century. We provide students a multi-genre curriculum in performance, scholarship and entrepreneurship, developing artist-citizens committed to the public good.
• 300+ performances a year
• 300 music majors (12,000 total students at DU)
• 25 large and small ensembles
• Double majors and study abroad available
We are a part of the University of Denver, long respected for its academic excellence and broad range of programs, and Denver and the Rocky Mountain region are home to some of the nation’s world-class arts areas. Our faculty and alumni perform at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts, area jazz clubs, and with the Colorado Symphony, Denver Brass, Central City Opera, Opera Colorado, Aspen Music Festival, Bravo! Vail Music Festival, Jazz Repertory Orchestra, and many others.
We encourage students to study and live abroad through the Cherrington Global Scholars program, through which they may develop cross-cultural connections and the new perspectives that come with them. Participating students spend a quarter abroad and still meet all of the requirements of their degree programs on schedule and at no additional cost for tuition, room or board.