VanderCook College of Music: Where the most inspired musicians become the most inspiring music teachers.
PERFORM, CONDUCT, TEACH: The nation’s only institution solely dedicated to preparing music teachers and performers in a conservatory-like setting.
VanderCook College of Music has focused exclusively on music teacher education for over a century. Our unique curriculum prepares the whole music educator, emphasizing performance as well as instructional methods.
Who is a good fit?
• Strong musicians who want to share their passion for music with the next generation.
• Confident musicians who work hard to learn and grow to become the best teachers and musicians.
• Independent musicians who continuously seek opportunities to better themselves.
What do students find most compelling about the VanderCook music program?
• 6:1 Student-to-teacher ratio = Personalized attention
• 100% Job placement rate
• Teaching experience starts Day 1